It’s ALMOST the long weekend and I don’t know about you but I’m counting down the hours until the 4th of July weekend officially kicks off. 4th of July was always a big event in my childhood summers with family BBQs, my village’s parade and watching the fireworks from our driveway with a big bowl of Perry’s All-American Moose (one of my all-time favorite flavors) ice cream. If you’ve never been to Orchard Park, it’s pretty much Mayberry. We even have an annual summer ice cream social for the village but that’s another story.
4th of July celebrations are an all-day event so why not start off Independence Day with a festive strawberry mimosa?! I think our Founding Fathers would approve. Topped with blueberry skewers, you’ve got the color scheme on lock ❤️
And if you really want to give this firecracker red strawberry mimosa some zip, pour a bourbon floater. Because America.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- Bluberries for garnish
- Splash of bourbon ("optional")
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add sugar and water, whisking to dissolve sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Over low heat, add the strawberries and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature and scoop out the strawberries with a slotted spoon, discard.
- Store for up to a week in a sealed container.
- Fill up flutes with Prosecco and add strawberry simple syrup, stir to mix. Add a splash of bourbon for a floater, garnish with blueberries.
* * *