I’m now in my third week of my senior year of college and I think I finally have a handle on my schoolwork and extracurriculars, which is great. Big shout out to my Lilly planner and iCal for getting me through these last weeks.
Anyway, I’ve always used a tote bag for my school supplies because I’m not a fan of backpacks. I can’t explain why but I just prefer tote bags. In the past, I’ve used my L.L. Bean tote (monogrammed, of course!) but currently I’m using my Vineyard Vines tote.
My VV tote has the mint julep pattern:
What’s in my tote each day ranges based on which classes I have that day but my essentials for my tote are:
- Tervis Tumbler: I’m trying to cut down on my intake of Diet Coke so I’ve been carrying around my Tervis to get me to drink more water. So far, it’s been a success!
- Ray Bans: I never go anywhere without my sunglasses.
- Vera Bradley Pencil Case: I’m a highlighter enthusiast and I keep all my pens in a pencil case so they don’t stain the inside of my tote & so I know exactly where to grab a pen to take down an important note!
- Keys (on a Lilly fob!)
- Lilly Pulitzer Koozie: For those last minute Happy Hours
- Vera Bradley All-in-One Wristlet: I love this wallet because it has slots for all my cards & a clear slot for my license. Plus, a handy pouch that fits my phone perfectly so it’s always in reach!
- Lilly Pulitzer Planner: Without my planner, I’d be a lost soul.
- Post Its: I’m also a die hard Post Its gal to scribble down those brilliant thoughts & reminders.
- Hand Sanitizer & Lip gloss/Burt’s Bees lip balm
- Umbrella: When it rains in D.C., it pours so I learned freshman year to always carry an umbrella with you in case you get caught in a monsoon.
What’s in your school bag?
Also, this is my 100th post!! I wish I had balloons to fall from the ceiling once I hit “Publish” on this post but unfortunately that’s not realistic. However, I just wanted to say thank you to all the viewers of this blog! D.C. Girl in Pearls started as a project to keep me busy this summer and now it’s my favorite part of the day. I love all your comments/feedback because, as you may have gathered, I’m a total chatterbox and love to chat. If you have any ideas for future blog posts, post it as a comment or email me at email@example.com. Also, I’m brainstorming giving D.C. Girl in Pearls a facelift so if you know of a graphic design genius who isn’t super pricey, please let me know!
Have a fabulous day!