This weekend was like buttah.
BBQs, pitchers of swirl margaritas, sunshine-soaked afternoons in the park + football!!
Daydreams of football tailgates have me craving hot wings, loaded brisket sandwiches and spicy chili. But right now it’s waaayyy too hot to even really think about those bites.
But a girl needs her wing fix.
Grab a bushel of corn and let’s get shucking because you’re going to want to whip up this Buffalo wing compound butter for your weekend football parties!!
Compound butter is a revelation.
It sounds fancy but really, it’s just butter whipped with extra ingredients. So I decided to give it a whirl and being a Buffalo girl, I reached for Frank’s Red Hot and crumbled bleu cheese.
Frank’s Red Hot industrial size is a must-have in my pantry. Their tagline, “I put that $#*t on everything,” pretty much sums it up.
And today, we’re putting it in butter. And then again on the corn.
The Bills are kicking it off this weekend against the Colts and you buttah (had to) believe I’ll be chowing down on a Buffalo wing corn on the cob!
- 12 ears of corn
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons crumbled bleu cheese (plus extra for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot (plus extra for garnish)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Grill corn on the cob.
- While the corn is cooking, whip the butter until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the bleu cheese + Frank's Red Hot into the butter.
- Once the corn is cooked, spread butter on corn and garnish with bleu cheese + Frank's Red Hot.
* * *