I’m a snack fiend. In the battle between an entree and snack food, snacks win every time. But there’s a hitch: I’m a notorious mindless snacker. If I’m watching TV, you can bet I’ve got a bowl of chips and salsa with me. A 3p.m. trip to the vending machine, popcorn while I’m making dinner…guilty. In the last few weeks, I’ve been making an effort to be more mindful of my eating habits and add new healthy dishes to the weekly menu like this copycat Sweetgreen Guacamole Greens. I’ve rounded up my favorite healthy snacks from Trader Joe’s, what are yours?
- Trader Joe’s Coconut Cashews: Sweet with just the right amount of coconut, these cashews are a delicious handful on their own for an afternoon snack. But if you’re a late night sweet tooth person like me, they also make a 👌 topping crushed on a scoop of ice cream.
- Trader Joe’s Fruit Bars: For 99 cents each, these fruit bars are a steal so stock up on these to stash in your desk drawer for afternoon cravings and long work days.
- Trader Joe’s Multigrain Pita Crackers + Hummus: If I could swan dive into Trader Joe’s hummus section, I would. Zero shame. My favorite hummus flavors: Roasted Red Pepper, Spicy and Jalapeño Cilantro. I typically will eat hummus with crackers but Trader Joe’s pita crackers have a reserved spot in my cabinet.
- Trader Joe’s Quinoa + Black Bean Chips + Island Salsa: These chips have been my #1 Trader Joe’s snack for close to 4 years now. Yup, we’re pretty committed. Each week, they find a spot in my cart. No idea how that happens
- Trader Joe’s Cold Pressed Watermelon Juice: Okay so this isn’t really so much a snack as a drink but I had to include it because I.am.hooked. Especially in the summer when DC becomes a swamp. I could probably write an entire post on how refreshing and life-changing it is but then you’d think I’m crazy. Trust me when I say you should add this to your Trader Joe’s shopping list immediately.
- Trader Joe’s Gone Bananas: My late night sweet tooth strikes again. Chocolate covered frozen bananas is clutch when it’s 10 p.m. and all you can think about is how if you don’t get your sweet fix soon, you’re going to go (ahem) bananas. I couldn’t help it 🙈
- Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Bread + Organic Peanut Butter: PB + J was a staple of my childhood like every other kid but we drifted apart for years. Lately, a slice of TJ’s gluten-free bread and a spoonful of peanut butter has become my go-to post-barre snack.
What are your favorite snacks? And what are your thoughts on more TJ’s centric posts? No way or keep ’em coming?
* * *