It’s officially comfort food season!! The beautiful time of the year where slow cooking reigns supreme and concocts the best sorts of meals. Soups, mac ‘n cheese, pretty much every single dip on the face of the earth. With the chill in the air, I had a serious craving for curry last week. I couldn’t get it out of my head. I’d had curry powder in my spice rack, an impulse buy that had gone untouched for months. It was time to break that spice out and see what it could do. And guys, I’m now hooked on vegetable curry.
This curry-in-a-hurry is the perfect balance between comfort food and healthy eats. It proves that vegan + gluten-free dishes can pack a flavorful, spicy punch and is a delicious way to get your veggies in. I paired this vegetable curry with quinoa but the next day when I reached for the leftovers in the fridge, my eyes lighted on leftover spiralized zucchini. Guys, it was pretty awesome. The more veggies, the better. If you’re looking to add protein to this dish, roast chickpeas while you’re preparing the curry. They’ll be ready in about the same time and will add great texture to the curry.
30 minutes are all that’s between you and this nutritious, comforting bowl of vegetable curry so get on it!
- 2 tbsp, coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cauliflower, chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 cups, brussels sprouts (trimmed)
- 1.5 tbsp, curry powder
- 1.5 cans, light coconut milk
- ½ cup, vegetable stock
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes (or cayenne) for heat, optional
- In a deep skillet over medium heat, add the coconut oil and garlic clove. Once hot, toss in the cauliflower pieces and brussels sprouts.
- Sauté the vegetables for about 5 minutes or until browned. Add curry powder, salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- Pour in the light coconut milk and vegetable stock, stir to combine. Bring the heat to medium-low.
- Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes, if you'd like a little heat.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve over quinoa or spiralized zucchini.
* * *