When I was mapping out my editorial calendar for January, I got a little stuck on the cocktails part. I figured people would be looking to clean up their diet (I’m in that boat big time) and challenged myself to plan clean eating recipes to share with you. It’s a win-win, we’re both eating better! Have you tried making oatmeal cookie overnight oats or the strawberry chia jam? But with people eating clean, I wasn’t sure what to do with cocktails. Especially since a popular New Year’s resolution is to have a sober January. And I wouldn’t want to tempt you to break a resolution! Especially when I’m almost a week into a 2 week alcohol detox. Solidarity, sisters! So I’ve decided to create delicious cocktails that aren’t loaded with sugar and could also work as tasty mocktails. Luckily, this cranberry ginger vodka cocktail fits both criteria! If you’re interested in “resolution-friendly” version of cocktails, I’d be happy to keep this up after January ends!
I’m keeping this post short ‘n sweet today because my mom and Tommy are coming to visit
tomorrow today and I’m getting things ready for their arrival. I can’t wait to spend the time with them, we have a blast even just hanging out in my apartment and Tommy always keeps us laughing until our stomachs hurt! Expect to see Tommy on my IG story and Snapchat this weekend!
- 1½ cup cranberries
- 1½ tsp lime zest
- Drizzle of agave
- 2 tbsp water
- Ginger beer
- In a food processor, add the cranberries, lime zest, agave and water. Pulse until well combined, adding additional water 1 tbsp at a time if necessary.
- If there are still chunks of cranberries, pour through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl.
- Fill each rocks glass with ice and add 4 tbsp of the cranberry syrup.
- Top with vodka and ginger beer.
- Garnish with cranberries.
* * *