J.Crew Factory City Coat (Now marked down to $114! Stock’s getting low so I’d get one now before they disappear) // L.L. Bean French Sailor’s Shirt (My very favorite stripe shirt + it’s under $30!) // LOFT Leggings (The BEST leggings ever, super thick to keep you warm in winter & they’re $49) // L.L. Bean Boots (Here’s a guide to everything you need to know about Bean boots) // Camp Socks // J.Crew Pom Pom Hat
On the blogging front for my 2018 goals, I am not doing so great. After kicking off the new year on not the greatest foot (literally falling on my seat and hurting my wrist), I’ve been really struggling to get back into my usual routines. Particularly when it comes to blogging. Since I have a full-time job, I can really only shoot photos and create content for the blog on the weekend. And lately the weekend is also when I’m running around to the grocery store, dry cleaning, meal prep, laundry and oh yeah, hanging out with friends. But I really miss blogging regularly so I’m excited to make Sunday my blog day again. It’s written in my planner and I’ve already made my to-do list, which is a wonderful feeling. So while I get my life back in order, here are some snippets of things I’ve been loving lately:
- Trader Joe’s Hi-Protein Veggie Burgers: I picked these up the other week and have been singing their praises to virtually anyone who will listen to me. My poor friends. I’ve been sauteing these veggie burgers in a skillet, chopping them with a spatula and tossing with taco seasoning and a splash of avocado oil. I swear, they’re nearly the same texture as ground beef. Hellooo, new favorite desk lunch. I layer the veggie burger taco crumbles and black beans and top with romaine. When it comes time for lunch, I dress my taco salad with Trader Joe’s Green Goddess dressing. Seriously, if you come across the Green Goddess dressing (located near the leafy greens), buy 2. You won’t regret it.
- Searching for Fun Work Heels: The other week, I glanced underneath my desk at the mountain of shoes I keep stashed there. And I realized I have 3 different pairs of nude heels, 2 black heels, and 1 navy pair. Since then I’ve been searching for fun heels that I can wear to the office. I am in love with these tortoise sandals from Banana Republic – I just need spring to hurry up! I’m also eyeing up these pretty-in-pink Sam Edelman heels, I think the pink hue would be perfect to bring a little color to my work wardrobe.
- After being sidelined for a week or so because of my wrist, I’m happy to say I’m back into the rhythm of going to barre class. It definitely helps that my 10 year high school reunion is in the spring – if that’s not motivating, I don’t know what is! I also love having the 50 minutes when I’m in the studio to clear my head and get rid of any noise that’s trapped in there from the day.
- I’ve been reading Lilac Girls for awhile now but that’s not because I don’t enjoy the book. It’s actually one of the best books I’ve read in awhile but it can be tricky to get more than few pages in before I fall asleep after a long and busy day. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve woken up with the book on my face.
- A 2018 goal that I made for myself was to complete the 52 Lists for Happiness – and I’m happy to say I’m going strong on that goal! l’m a total list lover so this book is seriously up my alley. Each week has a different writing prompt and it’s become my favorite Sunday evening ritual. I love how it sets me up to start my week filled with joy and positivity!