It’s been awhile since I’ve shared a “Life Lately” type post and unfortunately today I’m trying to head off a cold. So let’s get right to it and talk in bullet points, okay?
- I cannot get over how much I love these faux leather leggings. They are seriously the comfiest leggings I’ve ever worn and they’re such a great blank canvas to let me pile on #alltheplaid. These faux leather leggings are under $100!
- I’m heading to Arizona on Wednesday! It’ll be my very first 100% green Christmas and after the wild ride that was eating Thanksgiving dinner outside, I feel like Christmas in the desert will be even more surreal. I’ll be there for 11 days (!!), which is my longest vacation in about a year so yeah, I’m pretty excited. We’ll be going on a couple day trips, including one to a haunted hotel that I am SO psyched about.
- The productivity pressure before I leave for Christmas is real. With many vacation days comes great responsibility. I’m in full-on work mode to make sure I’ve covered all my bases before I head for the airport from the office on Wednesday. Though let’s be real, I’ll be on my work email throughout this week. I always feel better starting a vacation knowing I’ve taken care of everything I needed to before heading out. If you know where a girl can find a caffeine IV, let me know ha.
- My friends and I had our third annual Christmas party. 2017 has been a big year for my DC friend group. From new jobs to new apartments, we’ve all seen pretty big changes. One constant is our annual Christmas party filled with goofy sweaters, Christmas cookies, holiday spirits and lots of laughs.
- Amazing book alert → I love good historical fiction, especially set during WW2. Lilac Girls has been a real page-turner and even though I’m only halfway through, I highly recommend it. Last week was pretty busy between work and then holiday parties after work so I didn’t get a chance to read more than 2 pages before falling asleep. I’m excited to curl up with Lilac Girls on my 5 hour flight on Wednesday!
- I’m already brainstorming blog content + updates for 2018. I’ll be the first to admit. 2017 was not my best year of blogging. Job hunting, interviewing, networking, and then actually getting into a good rhythm with my new job took up virtually all of my attention this year. Now that I’ve got a handle of my gig, I’m excited to spend more time on DC Girl. I’ve been thinking of ideas for posts and also tweaks I’d like to make for this site. I’m toying with the idea of a reader survey. Is this something you’d be interested in? I’m genuinely really curious about what type of content do you want to see here! I feel like a survey would be a good way to touch base with you all.
- Talbots is 50% off until tonight. My plaid ankle-strap flats from Talbots are my favorite shoes for the season and how perfect for Christmas is this plaid blazer? I love the doggy details on the liner!