Don’t you just want to swan dive right into this pitcher of sangria?
Of course you do because you get it. And because this week has been nonstop, go-go-go and you deserve a nice (large) glass of sangria.
It’s been one of those weeks where I get home, make myself dinner, put away the dishes and look up at the clock and suddenly it’s almost 11. I collapse in bed, set my alarm and manage to read a few pages of a book before it’s lights out. Last night, I finally managed to make it to barre class for the first time this week and as I’m typing up this post, my legs are officially dead. That does not bode well for Friday’s Platform class…
My motivation: This big ol’ pitcher of sangria loaded with strawberries and orange slices. Because I’m really concerned about my Vitamin C intake and I’m sure you are too. And in this case, “C” stands for Cocktail. 😉
The beauty of sangria is that you need only a few ingredients to make the magic happen. I started with IZZE Sparkling Clementine for this sangria because I love a little fizz in my drinks. And things escalated quickly…🍓🍊❤️
- 2 cups IZZE Sparkling Clementine
- 1 bottle rosé (see notes)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Strawberries (halved) & oranges (sliced)
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add the sugar. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and lower the heat to medium-low. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes and then remove from heat. Allow it to return to room temperature.
- In a pitcher, add the IZZE Sparkling Clementine and the bottle of rosé (I won't tell on you if you take a sip or three). Now add the simple syrup (make sure it's at room temperature) and stir to combine.
- Toss in the fresh strawberry halves and orange slices for garnish.
It drinks well on its own and is the perfect balance between sweet and dry. And c'mon, it's $5!!
* * *