Our family Friday treat growing up was a big root beer float: The creamy vanilla mixed with the fluffy root beer foam was, in a word, incredible. You know, after a long, stressful week of learning how to write in cursive and multiply. Remember when the biggest problem you faced was whether you had memorized your vocabulary words for the week…?
The holiday season always sends me into a whirlwind of nostalgia and no trip down memory lane would be complete without a float filled right to the very tippy-top. But then I decided to get all fancy on you and create my own cherry-lime no churn ice cream. Because a) It was a culinary adventure and b) Why not?
No churn ice cream is as ridiculously easy as it is ridiculously delicious. But nobody has to know how simple it was and you can spend the holiday season impressing everyone with your domestic goddess status.
Or if your New Year’s Resolution is to conquer the kitchen, desserts (specifically ice cream) is a pretty perfect place to start.
Or perhaps you need a fun cocktail to serve…just add your favorite liqueur. Add fun garnishes and toppings to create a DIY adult float bar at your holiday party! I’d definitely go to there.
- 2 bottles IZZE cherry lime sparkling juice (plus more for topping the ice cream)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Pour the 2 bottles of IZZE cherry lime sparkling juice into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the juice reduces to about ½ cup.
- Whisk to combine the reduced juice and condensed milk.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold heavy cream into the cherry lime mixture.
- Pour the soon-to-be ice cream into a loaf pan and let freeze 6 hours (preferably overnight)
- To create the floats, just scoop the cherry-lime ice cream into glasses and top with IZZE cherry lime sparkling juice.
* * *
This post was sponsored by IZZE®. All opinions and product sentiments are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep the DC Girl in Pearls party going!