Warning: Popsicles in photo may contain booze. I just couldn’t help myself…My love for Moscow Mules has been well-documented on the blog (Exhibits A, B, C) and last weekend, I decided it had been far too long since they made an appearance. And I really wanted a Moscow Mule. Two birds, one blog post. In the spirit of making the most of my produce and not wasting groceries, I decided on a pretty delicious take on this refreshing summer drink: Strawberry Cucumber Moscow Mule Popsicles.
I’ve made boozy Popsicles before (Lookin’ at you, Mojito Popsicles) and let me tell you, it combines the best parts of childhood and adulthood together in one handheld treat. I used up the last of my strawberry simple syrup from last week’s Strawberry Mimosas and blended up fresh strawberries and sliced Persian cucumbers to create a sweet Popsicle to beat the heat. A splash of ginger beer and a healthy splash of vodka and you are SET. Well, after about 4 hours to allow the Popsicles to freeze. Whip these up for your next weekend grill-out, pool day with friends or even just to have Strawberry Cucumber Moscow Mule Popsicles on deck for when you need something sweet but with a bit of a kick!
- 2 cups Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- ¼ cup ginger beer
- ¼ cup vodka
- In a blender (I used my tried 'n true immersion blender), add the cucumbers, strawberries and simple syrup. Puree until smooth. Pour into bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Pour into Popsicle mold and let freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Let sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before removing Popsicle from mold.
* * *